Hey Church Family,
As news of the coronavirus spreading to Council Bluffs has arrived, we wanted to communicate with you all how we are responding as a church. We fully trust our Father to guide us, and we don’t want to give in to fear. But we also want to be wise and careful to not promote the spread of disease.
Our church has two very basic and important rhythms: we gather on Sundays and we scatter in City Groups.
Concerning our gatherings on Sundays, here are a few key updates and reminders:
- Our Citylight Kids area has ongoing, regular policies to keep kids healthy, and we will be reminding our volunteers of all of these. From washing hands to well-child policies, it matters to keep our children healthy. If your child has any symptoms of sickness, please just stay home.
- Our building is cleaned thoroughly multiple times every week.
- Before, during, and after our Sunday gatherings, please wash your hands thoroughly and often. We will also provided extra hand sanitizers around the building, but nothing is quite as effective as a good hand washing with soap.
- We will be changing the way we serve communion. Individual, small cups of juice will be served. Communion servers will wear gloves, and we will do all we can to prevent spreading any sickness. But we also understand if you want to refrain from taking communion at this time.
- We will refrain from handshakes and hugs, even from our beloved Justin Choi! 🙂
- We will post any important updates concerning the coronavirus and our gatherings through our Facebook page. Now is a good time to go Like us if you haven’t already.
Concerning our scattering in City Groups, here’s a few thoughts for you:
- You and your City Group know best whether and when you should meet. City Groups are a vital piece of discipleship, but we also understand when someone is sick.
- If you or your child is sick, again, please stay home.
- If your City Group doesn’t meet, think of other creative ways to connect. Use text threads, connect in smaller groups, and think of ways to encourage each other with the gospel even if you can’t be in the same room that week.
Citylight, in moments like these we know that our God is good, and He will give us the strength to love our city well, to care for one another in super practical ways, and to see Him continue to reach more people with the gospel of Jesus! Thanks so much for being a family that loves one another and makes tangible sacrifices for the good of one another! If you have any questions, let us know!
Erick and Doug