Hey Church Family!
This week our elders met to pray, listen, and make an updated decision about the timing of in-person gatherings, and we decided to provide in-person gatherings in our church building again this Sunday (May 24) to go along with online gatherings.
Whether you’re thinking about staying home for the online gatherings or attending the in-person gatherings, please read the following carefully to get the full details. And thanks a million for engaging in the little details to serve our larger church family!
When will the in-person gatherings be this Sunday? We will provide two gatherings: 9AM and 11AM.
When will the online gathering be this Sunday? We will only live-stream the 9AM gathering, and then it will be available thereafter on our Facebook Page. Our team has purchased and implemented some great new equipment so that we can live-stream our in-person gatherings in a high-quality, engaging way.
How did the in-person gatherings go this past Sunday? They went great! The people who were here did a great job with social distancing, and we did not come close to reaching our capacity in either of the gatherings.
What if I’m sick or considered part of a vulnerable population or just not ready to take the risk of being around crowds yet? We totally understand! Our online Sunday stream will be at 9AM and other online resources with continue. That includes the amazing Citylight Kids Facebook Group for families and children, Lunch Lives, and ongoing social media. We really want both people who gather ain-person and people who don’t gather in-person to be part of Jesus’ family and what He’s doing through our church.
What are some other social distancing aspects we can expect at our in-person gatherings? Great question! Please know that this Sunday is NOT back to normal. Here’s what you can expect…
- smiles and happy hellos, but no handshakes or hugs or high fives,
- hand sanitizer stations outside and inside our building,
- the doors and windows will be propped open and remain open all morning,
- no coffee, donuts, fruit, or other refreshments,
- no communion served,
- every other row of chairs removed,
- signs to communicate social distancing,
- masks available if you want to use them,
- entering and exiting the building through different doors to avoid congestion,
- requests to take a seat and stay put,
- families sitting together and parents carefully keeping their children with them,
- asking for 3-4 chairs between each unit (a unit could be a family or a couple or a single person), and
- exiting the building quickly after the gathering so we can avoid large groups congregating and have time to clean the building between gatherings.
- attendance capacity of 120 for each of our in-person gatherings.
Does this mean we will keep on having Sunday gatherings every week? Our elders will continue to take this week by week and communicate with you each week.
We love you church family! If you have any further questions, ideas, or concerns, please let us know.
Erick and Doug