Hey City Group leaders! I hope you all had an enjoyable Labor Day weekend! We wrapped up our Core Values this past Sunday. I pray it was a refresher and an encouragement for what makes us- us. I hope it helps shape what rhythms look like in your City Group and your day-to-day. Don’t forget this coming Sunday at 5:30 PM; we have our City Group prayer/launch night. Pizza will be provided. Please bring your favorite dessert to share. Childcare will be provided. Email your prayer requests for the night; if you haven’t already, You can email me at Tyler@citylightcb.org.
Ice Breakers: What’s one of the craziest things you or someone else has brought to the dinner table?
Read the scriptures together out loud: 2 Corinthians 5:13-6:1
- What word or verse stood out to you? Why?
Sermon Summary: OUT is all about mission. As a church, we love sending people OUT to plant new churches and have a gospel presence somewhere else in our city or on Earth. We celebrate those things, and it gets us excited about mission! But after a year like 2020, what does mission for us today look like? What does it look like for your day-to-day? For your family? For your city group? Your neighborhood? Are you open to the fact that Jesus might want to partner with you to make and multiply disciples? 2 Cor 6:1- Working together with Him to make an appeal through you, making Him known by sharing the gospel, serving, and loving others as Jesus has loved us!
-3 ways we can live on mission are in the home, in our city, and to the nations-
-In the home-
- Growing up, what had the biggest impact on you that shaped/molded your faith the most?
- What are some rhythms and routines in your day-to-day where you can point those in your home (the next generation) towards Jesus?
- What does a spiritual discipline in your home look like?
- What needs and opportunities are there in your neighborhood and or network that you are aware of that need our prayers and support?
- Prayer walks are a great way for God to partner with us to make a real difference through us. What are some ways you might be able to share the gospel with your neighbors?
-To the nations-
- Have you ever been on a mission trip? If you have… in a couple of sentences, what was that like?
- Have you ever had a desire to go on a mission trip? Why or why not?
- Where is God stirring your heart, or might you feel called to be on mission to?
Pray it out!