Hey Church Family!
This week our elders decided to have in-person gatherings in our church building again this Sunday (June 7) to go along with online gatherings. The details haven’t changed from the last few weeks, but it’s always helpful to give them a quick review!
When will the in-person gatherings be this Sunday? We will have two gatherings: 9AM and 11AM.
When will the online gathering be this Sunday? We will only live-stream the 9AM gathering, and then it will be available thereafter on our Facebook Page.
How have the in-person gatherings gone so far? They’ve been great! The people who have chosen to gather in person have done a great job with social distancing, and we have not come close to reaching our capacity in either of the gatherings.
What if I’m sick or considered part of a vulnerable population or just not ready to take the risk of being around crowds yet? We totally understand! Our online Sunday stream will be at 9AM and other online resources with continue. That includes the amazing Citylight Kids Facebook Group for families and children, Lunch Lives, and ongoing social media. We really want both people who gather in-person and people who don’t gather in-person to be part of Jesus’ family and what He’s doing through our church.
What are some other social distancing aspects we can expect at our in-person gatherings? Great question! Please know that this Sunday is NOT back to normal. Here’s what you can expect…
- smiles and happy hellos, but no handshakes or hugs or high fives,
- hand sanitizer stations outside and inside our building,
- the doors and windows will be propped open and remain open all morning,
- no coffee, donuts, fruit, or other refreshments,
- no communion served,
- every other row of chairs removed,
- signs to communicate social distancing,
- masks available if you want to use them,
- entering and exiting the building through different doors to avoid congestion,
- requests to take a seat and stay put,
- families sitting together and parents carefully keeping their children with them,
- asking for 3-4 chairs between each unit (a unit could be a family or a couple or a single person), and
- exiting the building quickly after the gathering so we can avoid large groups congregating and have time to clean the building between gatherings.
- attendance capacity of 120 for each of our in-person gatherings.
Does this mean we will keep on having Sunday gatherings every week? Our elders will continue to take this week by week and communicate with you each week.
We love you church family! If you have any further questions, ideas, or concerns, please let us know.
Erick and Doug