The Bible shocks us with beauty when it describes an early church plant in Macedonia:
…their abundance of joy and their extreme poverty have overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part. For they gave according to their means, as I can testify, and beyond their means, of their own accord. 2 Corinthians 8:2-3
The Macedonian church was planted in a place with not much money. They weren’t rich. There wasn’t a couple big givers that carried the load. They came together, pitched in, and despite their smaller incomes their bigger joys overflowed in a wealth of generosity.
The past five years for Citylight Council Bluffs has been a story of bigger joys overflowing in a wealth of generosity!
Our little church plant nestled into a city with lower median incomes and lower house prices and tougher economic situations has given away over $425,000 to plant churches, take the gospel to nations around the world, serve the poor in our city, and partner with non-profits in our city. Amazing!
And now, in 2021, we want to keep on giving! According to our means…and beyond our means!
This year, our End-of-Year Giving goals are two-fold:
- To cover our own church expenses. That’s $27,760. This allows us to make sure the day-to-day operations of our church keep moving forward, we make budget, and we keep making disciples right here.
- To bless Gospel Community Church in Rwanda! We’re hoping and praying to give $15,000 to them to help them purchase land for a building in Rwanda. In the past, your generosity has allowed us to help Gospel Community Church lease a building, grow in size and reach, and stay on mission through the struggles of Covid the past couple years. Now, they are taking steps to purchase land, build a building, and keep multiplying disciples and churches!
There are three ways you can give.
- Give online. It’s simple and easy.
- Give in person on Sunday mornings in our church gatherings. Just drop your gift in the Giving Box.
- Mail your giving to our address – 2109 Railroad Highway, Council Bluffs, IA 51503.
Learn more about Gospel Community Church and our growing partnership with them in this video!